Jun 26, 2009

Judge

So I've started watching the new Mike Judge show, The Goode Family. For about the first 4 or 5 minutes I was a little put off by the over-stereotyping, and thought that Judge wasn't bringing what he brought to King of the Hill, which is a biting understory filled with against-the-grain social commentary. However, I then hit the moment where the mother of the family goes into the organic grocery store with her daughter for the first time, despite the fact that they can't afford it. The mother looks up at a sign in the store, and...well...it's fantastic. See 5:40 to about 6:00 in that link. Wow.
I'm still the only person I know who liked King of the Hill, something I seriously do not understand considering how funny and poigniant that show was. Maybe with this series people will come around and see the genius that is Mike Judge.

1 comment: